My most recent ebook read was an amazing fantasy fiction novel by an author I'd never read before, Mette Ivie Harrison.
After I finished reading it, I promptly went online and bought it in paperback.
And the first sequel, The Princess and the Bear, in paperback.
And the next sequel, The Princess and the Snowbird, in hardcover.
And digital copies of the fourth and fifth books, only because they're not available in print.
I've never done that before, but I couldn't resist. I'm about halfway through The Princess and the Bear, and I can't wait to review it soon!
From her website: A Prince with the animal magic that must be kept secret, or he will be put to death. A Princess who has only ever loved her hound, and has a dangerous secret of her own. The last thing they should do is fall in love.
Words simply cannot describe how much I loved this book.
But maybe bullet points can.
- Complex, well-developed characters, even among the supporting cast.
- A cool form of magic that seems simple and limited at first, but is actually expansive and wonderful even with its rules.
- A big plot twist that I knew was coming, but did NOT predict.
- Several small plot twists, some of which I predicted.
- An unusual, but realistic love story.
- Character growth! For multiple characters!
- Beautiful language and imagery.
*Amazon affiliate links are included in this post, just in case my raving review persuades you to buy a book.