The award is pretty simple, given to bloggers by bloggers. It's a way to acknowledge your fellow bloggers' inherent awesomeness, even if they don't have a lot of readers. In fact, it's only for bloggers with less than 200 followers!
- Acknowledge the blog that nominated you in a post.
- Share 11 facts about yourself. Answer the 11 questions the nominating blogger created.
- Nominate 11 bloggers with less than 200 followers that you believe deserve some recognition.
- Post 11 questions for them to answer.
- Notify all the bloggers selected that they have been nominated.
- And finally, you can't nominate the blog who nominated you.
11 Facts about Belle:
- I've read the first six Harry Potter books more than a dozen times each. I've only read the last one maybe four or five times.
- If I were forced to choose between hairgasms (aka when someone plays with my hair) or orgasms, I would choose hairgasms.
- I met Beau on okcupid.
- I'm obsessed with Glee, but I still haven't seen the last two episodes this season because I've been so ridiculously busy.
- My favorite brand at JCP is a.n.a. I have two peplum tops, four scoop-neck tees, three pairs of skinny jeans, two pairs of shorts, and one bikini by a.n.a. (I bought the bikini years ago, before I'd ever worked at JCP).
- I really just want to be paid to write.
- My apartment is still mostly furniture-less, even though I've lived here about six months now.
- I won't let anyone do my laundry except for towels/sheets/socks/underwear. Even then, I have to prompt that person to wash them all on hot water.
I hand-washed most of my clothes for the seven months I was in Niort. I've always washed clothes by color.
- I met two intentional virgins last week! Woot!
- My twin brother proposed to his girlfriend the day before our birthday. My first thought was, "Aww, yay." My second thought was, "Way to ruin my birthday and make it all about you."
- I'm about to make a hefty donation to Everyone is Gay to offset my addiction to Chick-fil-A's diet Arnold Palmers.
11 Answers for Aukele:1. What do you love most about blogging?
When readers tell me I've inspired them or helped them feel less alone or encouraged them in any way.
2. How do you find inspiration?
I follow several virginity blogs that inspire me to write about virginity from different perspectives. I also really enjoyed the prompts from the "Blog Every Day in May" challenge, so in the future, I might bookmark some prompt lists.
3. Who is your favorite person in the world (excluding family/spouse)?
My hero is Queen Elizabeth I. That's close enough, right?
4. If you could go anywhere in the world for a month without monetary limitations, where would you go?
France. Duh. Beau has never been, and I want him to understand why I love this country so much.
5. What is your favorite type of food to cook (if you don't cook, eat)?
I'm broke, so I don't cook good food as much. But as an au pair, with an unlimited food budget and cooking dinner in my job description, I enjoyed cooking steak, mushrooms, and zucchini.
6. What is your favorite home cooked meal by your mom?
She makes this really yummy pork chop and carrots dish. Also, taco bake is a favorite family dish that we all make. Ooh, and I LOVE when she makes beef stew.
7. If you could change one thing in the world, what would it be?
I would eradicate illness for everyone younger than five years past the age of retirement. If it weren't for a fear of overpopulation, I would eradicate illness for everyone.
8. What is your favorite soda?
Diet Coke with Lime.
9. Name one thing you're currently working on in your life.
10. If you could walk in someone else's shoes for one day, whose would it be?
My college drop-out, tattooed, pierced, anarchist cousin who I love dearly.
11. What keeps you going (up to your own interpretation)?
11 Questions for YOU:
- Why did you start blogging?
- Describe your "first time." (Doesn't have to be sex).
- Cats or dogs?
- Paris, London, Manhattan, or somewhere else? Why?
- Ten years ago, where did you think you would be today? How has this changed, and how do you feel about that?
- What's your favorite bad/trashy movie?
- You have $1000 to spend, in one day, in the city where you live, only on fun stuff for you. How do you spend it? (No online purchases, no ticket purchase for future events, no paying off credit cards or buying your parents gifts, etc).
- If you won a giveaway to change just one thing about your blog design, what would you want to change? (For example, I recently bought social media buttons).
- How do you spend a rainy Saturday?
- What do you miss most about college, or high school if you're still in college?
- What's your best personality trait and your best physical feature?
Steampunk Tink at Adventures of Steampunk Tink
Dana at The Great Big World
Emily at Hopeful Wandering
Molly at Red Hot Liberty
Sara at Ruffles, Roses, and Lace
Lauren at Sweet Southern Sophistication
Technically, that's less than eleven people. But I don't want to re-nominate the "small" bloggers I nominated last year. So I give you seven bloggers with less than 200 followers (I think... maybe...) each.
If you're a bigger blogger I love, or if I nominated you last year, feel free to answer the questions anyway! I love getting to know my blogger friends better.